Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 179 - Rosy Pink

The mystical properties attached to rose quartz make this special heart-shaped gift from my daughter-in-law even more special. Historically, it is a symbol of love and beauty. I keep it on my desk and periodically run my fingers over its cool smoothness when I think of her.

About Rose Quartz

Pink or peach-colored quartz is called Rose Quartz. It has a hardness of 7.

Rose Quartz is found in Brazil, India, Madagascar, Spain, and several locations within the USA.

Rose Quartz will chip and crack rather easily.

Rose Quartz fades in the sun; most Rose Quartz is dyed.

Rose Quartz is the love stone, used to improve and strengthen the special bonds between people.

Rose Quartz is the alternate for garnet as January's birthstone.


Rose Quartz is the anniversary gemstone for the 2nd year of marriage.

Rose Quartz is the state mineral of South Dakota.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

It is a very pretty stone....

Gawdess said...

a lovely stone and so nice to have that association with it and I learned some things that I never knew before - a great post.