Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 158 - Shades of Gold

In our travels yesterday, we stopped at WalMart to see if they had discounted any of their seasonal flowers. WooHoo! - we hit the jackpot - they had small hanging baskets of impatiens, verbena (we got one for the front,) and these little pretties (3 for the deck) for $4.00 apiece! Normally they'd sell for $10-12.00. Don't know what they are (I should!) but I was enthralled with the different shades of yellows and coppery pinks as the flower matures. Anyone know what it is??

I loves me a bargain... even if I don't know what I'm buying! LOL

Lew's Pics
shows them hanging on the deck.

5 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

They look very delicate. As for what they are, I'm clueless about plants, flora, and fauna.

Gawdess said...

I share the joy in finding a bargain!
I really like the picture of these, the variations in colour really stand out.

Anonymous said...

Maybe some kind of zinnia? I love all the different shades of color. :)

marianne said...

Oooo, Karin, I think you're right!! I Googled it and it looks like it might be an apricot fire zinnia. You know your flowers - zinnias never occured to me! Thanks so much! :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Those are just about the prettiest, most cheerful flowers I've seen!