Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 153 - Crabby memories

I remember when the Blue Mountain Inn (a total misnomer since it was actually kind of a dump) was THE place to go for crabs and crablegs in our neck of the woods. It used to be nothing more than a rickety ol' clapboard bar/restaurant, and nowhere near as nice as it stands now, deserted.
My first husband and I, along with a group of co-workers, used to stop by after work on Friday nights and pig out on tables full of Maryland blue crab, beer, and various other seafood offerings. After we divorced, my steady guy and I used to spend many Saturday nights there wolfing down pounds of crablegs and dancing to the band. Later on, when Lew and I got together, we too spent many a weekend night eating crablegs and listening to the music at the Blue Mountain Inn. Even my granddaughter used to have her crablegs there.

It went out of business years ago, but someone has gone to a lot of trouble and expense to fix it up, only to leave it vacant. It's a shame, and I still miss it - haven't had decent crablegs around here since then.

3 comments:

Gawdess said...

mmmmm, you make me want some crab legs too!

Sandie said...

It is a shame to go to the trouble of fixing it up then leaving it. :( Good thing you have those great memories.

Anonymous said...

What lovely memories you must have. I hope someone buys it and opens it again soon so you can have more crab legs.