Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 164 - Moth malaise??

Lew did some more weeding today and came across this critter sitting on a piece of mulch. It didn't try to fly away, as a matter of fact, didn't move around much at all. I'm thinking it must be injured... somewhere... but how do you tell? Anyway, it was very accommodating and let me photograph it from several angles and wing positions.

I thought its fuzzy, wooly little head was fascinating and almost wanted to reach out and scratch behind its - ears? - but figured I'd leave well enough alone. Besides, at this point it was looking a little perturbed and ready for me to get out of its face.

As I type, hours later, it's still parked on the arm of the bench, though it has crawled over to the side. Maybe it's waiting for a flame to fly off to.

2 comments:

Gawdess said...

beautiful shots!
just gorgeous!

Desert Songbird said...

Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating.