Friday, August 24, 2007

Thank yous and responses...

Thanks everyone for the nice birthday wishes. I had a lovely day! Thanks too for all the nice comments about the floor - he finished up today. we are soooo pleased!

Also wanted to answer some comments...


Stacy, I did get the bookends at Target online. they're nice and weighty too.

yes, the shades were custom-made for our doors - none of the ready-made would fit and still allow the door to be opened. they're also lined, which might help with the heat/cold but we have those low-e reflective windows which helps with the sun too.

Desert Song, way cool that your sister lived up this way! small world, huh?

yep, I'm really looking forward to the unclutteredness (is that a word?) of the shades. now we just have to find a way to keep the cats from playing with the cords - totally didn't think of that when we ordered them!

Big E, hah! I'll never catch up to you - you're always going to be my older sister!! heh, heh ;)

Flossie, cool beans! Bethesda's only down the road apiece - when you come to visit Taneka maybe we can get together too!!

I think that's it - sorry if I forgot anything - thanks again everyone! :)

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Hey Marianne, thanks for answering my questions and letting me know! After I left that comment, I searched for bookends at Target.com and those were the first ones in the end. Very cool! I saw several others that I liked the looks of too, so now I have to decide.

Love those Roman shades. If you can just figure out the cord issue with the kitties, I bet you're going to just love them!!!

Have a great day :)