Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day #135 - Operation Iraqi Freedom...

In 2004, Dr. Daughter, who is a vascular surgeon in the U.S. Army, served a year in Iraq. She kept a journal of her experiences while she was there, and gave us a copy when she returned. Extremely powerful reading. Today we got a CD of the photographic version, along with a warning regarding its graphic content. She also sent photos of a recent cruise she treated the family to. I'm looking forward to the cruise photos, since we weren't able to make it, but I'm thinking I might hold off a bit on the Iraqi photos... at least until my dinner digests.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at her all grown up. She sure is the hero that punkin thinks that she is. Tell her thank you for what she is doing. Maybe one day I could see a copy of that. Send her my love too.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, what an incredible thing to document and I bet it is very powerful.

Please tell her thank you for her service to our country, and our freedoms. And thanks to her parents, too, who apparently raised her to be the woman she is today :)

Debi said...

What an incredible woman she must be, Marianne! Please send her our sincerest thank yous as well. So glad she made it home safely!