Friday, March 30, 2007

Day #89 - Down on the farm...

This is the field and farm behind my house. It looks closer because I used my zoom, but it's a little over a 1/4 mile away. The field, separated from my backyard by a rusty ol' wire and post fence belonging to the farmer, used to be full of cows... I used to feed them clover through the fence. Though still a working dairy farm, ownership has changed, production has slowed, and the number of cows has lessened and relocated to the field beyond this one.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Wow, you live in a beautiful area. I don't think I've never been to Maryland and didn't realize it was this lovely.

Southern Girl said...

That's beautiful, Marianne. What a peaceful looking place! But I wish the cows were still there. I love me some cows. ;)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, you can see this out your backyard? How inredibly peaceful adn tranquil and homey :) I'm with Southern Girl, wish there were still cows there, mooing!

Have a great day!

Desert Songbird said...

Reminds me of the farmlands of Indiana: rolling and tranquil.

I gotta ask, though - do you REALLY miss the big flies that go with the cows?