Thursday, March 15, 2007

Day #74 - Testing, 1, 2, 3...

I am soooo sick. I seem to have acquired some kind of flu virus that has literally knocked me on my arse. Fever, weakness, aches, pains - the whole bit. Hit me like a train last night. Coincidentally, I already had a scheduled appointment with my lung doctor this afternoon and it took every bit of energy I had just to get ready to go. So, all I could muster for today's photo is this fingertip oxygen level/heart rate test. Good news on that score - oxygen level was 96.

He ordered me to bed with the usual instructions... lots of rest, lots of fluids, let it run its course, yada, yada, yada.

Wonderful. I still feel like crap. :-p

7 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

yuck. poor Marianne. =(

hope you feel better soon!

Trish said...

(((Hugs to you Marianne))) Hope you bounce back soon!

Southern Girl said...

Oh, Marianne! I'm so sorry you're sick! I've had the flu once in a my life and it was at a time when my health was very bad, particularly my lungs -- so I can imagine very how you're feeling. So glad you're maintaining a good O2 sat so far. Get lots of rest and DRINK A LOT. I very nearly dehydrated myself because I didn't do it enough.

{{{{Marianne}}}}

Desert Songbird said...

Good pulse ox, Marianne. You and I both know that everything over 87 is considered gravy. Good thing.

I'm so sorry you're ill. I can empathize; I've been fighting this cold for 10 days, and now I have laryngitis!

Anonymous said...

Many prayers that you are well soon. Hopefully it is a 24hour type of bug. :-)

Debi said...

Oh, you poor sweetie! So hope you're up and feeling better than ever VERY SOON!!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yuck, I'm so sorry you're sick, hope you feel tons better soon. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and plenty of fluids. Your O2 sat level is good at 96, if I remember from my mom (who also had COPD).

Take care of yourself!!!