Thursday, February 22, 2007

Day #53 - Tool of the trade

It was critter prevention day today at my house so we had our regularly-scheduled visit from the exterminator. Call me silly, but I have this thing about unwanted "guests" and like to keep the creepy crawlies and unloved four-legged furry beasts down to the barest minimum, preferably far away altogether. Living in a rural area, we get more than our fair share - spiders, crickets, ants, earwigs (they used to enjoy coming in to watch the 11 pm news,) mice, squirrels & birds (who liked to nest in our chimney,) moles, groundhogs, skunks, snakes - you name it, we've probably seen it hanging around, chewing on the shed, or dropping in to pay a visit at one time or another.

Oh yeah - tres exciting day, the bugman came! God, I must get out more!*sigh*

3 comments:

Southern Girl said...

Hope the bugman took care of all your creepy crawlies! We have a critter man who comes to our house frequently, trying to eradicate the huge mole population in our backyard. Can't seem to get rid of those varmints!

Desert Songbird said...

How funny - my Bug Guy came on Tuesday!

We always have an earwig problem when the weather goes from cool to hot. I'm expecting those little critters in a a few weeks. Sigh...

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

We have a lot of those too, and this reminds me that I need to get my husband to spray. We used to do the indoor extermination thing, but now we just do it ourselves. :)