Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Day #37 - Baby, it's cold outside


Holy ice cubes, Batman!! It's flippin' frigid out there! Like much of the rest of the country, we're experiencing some of the coldest temps we've had in over a decade. Our thermometer read 9 (!) degrees last night, which is pretty darn cold for this area, and it's well on its way for more of the same tonight.

So, rather than turn the heat up a few more degress, we put our nifty quartz heater into service. It does a very nice job of chasing the chilly cold spots away with a lot less energy.

4 comments:

Southern Girl said...

Ooo, that looks so nice and warm. I'd like to have a space heater in here, but be my luck, I'd burn the house down. :-/

Desert Songbird said...

I remember my sister and I gathering around a space heater like this because my parents couldn't afford to turn up the furnace. I remember they heated us up quite nicely!

I know it was 9 degrees in Indianapolis yesterday too - brr!

~**Dawn**~ said...

i am going to say this again, just because it makes me shake my head... but so much for global *warming* huh?

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great picture! That looks so toasty and warm :)