Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 76 - Green fueled

Wrapping up this week's theme, I chose a familiar sight in these parts. Through the ages these magnificent creatures have served us well as beasts of burden, transportation, and beloved pets.

And then there're these cutie llamas, not something one expects to see in the foothills of Maryland but rather in the heights of the Andes of South America.

These particular critters were curious and stopped grazing and feeding long enough to stare and pose pretty for the strange lady with the camera! ;)

6 comments:

Gawdess said...

I like horses and llamas, these are fun pictures.

Sandie said...

I like Llamas a lot, but I think their little cousin the Alpacas are my favorite, I have even thought of getting a couple. I like the picture where she looked up at you.

Anonymous said...

I love those horses and the llamas just crack me up for some reason. And yet again, you have transitioned perfectly into the next topic. You are really good at that! :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

The horses (and that house too!) are gorgeous! I love the way that one llama is staring you down! =)

Desert Songbird said...

Those are beautiful photos, Marianne. Really breathtaking.

lynette said...

Those pics are great! We have alpacas by me...they look so cuddly!