Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day #158 - Basket of pretty...

I loves me some hanging baskets but usually don't have a whole lot of luck with them on the deck for some reason. I think we've got us a winner this year. As long as we religiously keep it watered - sometimes twice a day - this basket of verbena has been performing like a champ. If it's not watered within 24 hours or so, though, it droops like wet hair on a cat!

It was in full bloom when we brought it home a few weeks ago and is now on its second go 'round of showy blooms. A bit of dead-heading when it's finished and it should be good to go again. It's even nice without the flowers - a pretty ball of green. Definitely a repeat purchase for next year!

4 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh, that's beautiful Marianne! I have trouble with hanging baskets, for the reason you mention - they dry out so quickly! If we leave town for even a weekend, they are nearly gone by the time we get back. In our heat and humidity of the summer, they really need to be watered twice a day and get regular doses of Miracle Gro.

Great shot too!!!

Southern Girl said...

I tell you, you have more pretty plants around your place, Marianne! Those are just lovely. I wouldn't mind having some myself.

marianne said...

thanks so much, ladies. we're really enjoying the flowers too - they seem to be outdoing themselves this year.

Southern Girl - you asked about the purple lady pictures - that's a clematis - I just nicknamed it. ;)

jenny said...

Really nice! I love purple---it was one of my high school colors, so I am drawn to it out of loyalty! ;-)