Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Day #156 - Progress in action...

Sort of. After many weeks of delays, postponements, and suppliers who didn't deliver, we finally have progress on our porch work. They've added a post, replaced another corner post, and covered them all in a maintenance-free, weatherproof vinyl covering. They've also started adding on the railing, but of course the pieces don't fit together right or some such nonsense, so they have to go back to the supplier to see if they have more in stock, which we already know they don't or else we wouldn't have had so many delays, yada, yada, yada. And on and on it goes. Have I told you how much I hate dealing with contractors??

Does the rest of the world have the endless problems we do with these people?

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah for at least some progress! We had vinyl put on our house a few years back and it's great. Just a pressure wash now and then and virtually maintenance free other than that.

Nope, I think it's universal - contractors are always slow and problematic. Hang in there, I know the result will be worth it :)

Desert Songbird said...

Yes, I think it's a universal thing to have delays with contractors. I have two friends who are contractors (one a custom home builder, one a former custom home builder) and both have assured me that the delays get pushed down the line.