Sunday, April 15, 2007

Day #105 - Reading material...

Whee! Got my Amazon order yesterday! This must be the week for books - I've noticed book photos on a few other blogs in the past couple of days.

Anyway, besides my regular favorite mystery series writers - Patterson and Kellerman - I've recently added Davidson (Goldy Bear culinary series) and Lehane (the Mystic River guy - I realllly like him!) to my list of likes. Throw in a couple of novels for a change of pace and these waiting unreads oughta keep me busy for a few.

6 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh fun! I love Amazon and love pictures of books! I have not read most of these authors, but some of them are on my "to-try" list. Enjoy them all :)

Southern Girl said...

LOVE this photo!! I've only read one of the Davidson books, on the recommendation of a good friend, but I liked it a lot. I need to get some more at the library. I like Patterson and Kellerman, too, though they both can be somewhat formulaic after you've read a lot of theirs.

Dennis Lehane, in my opinion, is a cut above them all -- I *adore* his Patrick and Angie series. Have you read any of those yet? Or just "Mystic River"? The first two, "A Drink before War" and "Darkness Take My Hand" are incredible. Definitely read them in order!!

Desert Songbird said...

I love, love, LOVE Diane Mott Davidson! I own each book of the Goldie Bear series.

marianne said...

Thanks Stacy - I know I will! :)

Southern Girl - oh, I agree about Lehane! Yes, I've been reading them in order - read the first two and then had to get the rest if the series. Didn't read Mystic River, saw the movie then wished I'd read it first!

Songbird - welcome back! :) I'm working my way through the series and really enjoying them.

Debi said...

Looks like a fabulous pile of books! Seems like we have quite similar tastes (love both the Alex Cross and the Alex Delaware series). Have never read Davidson...would you recommend?

jenny said...

very exciting to get a box of books! Hope you enjoy all of them.