Monday, April 23, 2007

Day #113 - New life...

Gazing from inside windows and seeing nothing but deadish, brown bushes around the deck, I had pretty much written this baby off as winter wound down. Along with two of her buddies, who didn't look much better, I figured they'd gone to azalea heaven and we'd have to replace them... again. (We haven't had much luck with azaleas and the deck - I don't know why.)

Imagine my surprise and delight when, whoosh! - after a couple of sun-filled days, they all of a sudden greened up and burst into bloom!


I know better - next time I'll go outside and look at them up close and personal before declaring them a lost cause.

6 comments:

Southern Girl said...

Oh, that's so pretty! They look just like the ones outside my bedroom window. Wish mine would spring back to life as beautifully as yours have!

Desert Songbird said...

Yippee! It's always a spirit lifter when something like this happens.

Thanks for sharing, Marianne.

jenny said...

I'm glad there was life in them. It makes me happy! I just started a week of green on my blog and went a little crazy with it today. Inspired by you!

Debi said...

What a gorgeous little burst of happiness!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Such a wonderful part of spring, seeing the rebird and blooming of things that you weren't sure was going to make it through the winter! These azaleas are gorgeous! Great picture too, with the sun and bits of shade :)

desert rat said...

What a treat! I've had a couple of plants that I thought SURE were goners surprise me with a miraculous recovery. It's thrilling, and what a beautiful shot!