Saturday, April 28, 2007

Day #118 - Dogwood flower - petals of pretty...

I got this beauty at K-Mart in 1980-81 for a whopping $8. It took years for the silly thing to bloom - seems it was getting too much nitrogen from the lawn fertilizer and had to be mega-mulched - but it finally figured out what it was supposed to do and has been rewarding us with it's loveliness ever since. Now it's priceless.

Not wanting to get my camera (or me!) wet in the drizzle today, I took a quick close-up instead of putzing around trying to frame the whole tree for a full shot. Maybe when it's dry outside, I'll try again.

4 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Pretty blooms! Thanks for sharing that, Marianne. Your close-ups are always wonderful.

marianne said...

Thanks, songbird! :)

Southern Girl said...

Ooo, that's so pretty! I'm glad you went with the close-up instead of the whole tree. And you know, I don't think I've ever seen a pink dogwood in real life. We have several white ones in our yard... wish we had a pink one!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, that's a great shot! I have trouble with my camera zooming in on close-ups of flowers and stuff. You are apparently the master, great job :) It's so pretty, definitely post more pictures!