Monday, January 29, 2007

Day #26 through Day #29 - Birthday and other things

Day #26 - On the Way

It was a beautiful day for traveling, cold but crisp and clear. I thought this cloud formation looked like God just took a swipe with His paintbrush.
A South Carolina welcome


Day #27 - Celebrating with a Crab Feast...
...at the Crab Shack Restaurant
(photo by Lew)
We pulled it off, and Christy was totally surprised!
I got the best hug and some happy tears.
(photo by Lew)
The teary-eyed Birthday Girl
(photo by Lew)
My daughter-in-law (Tammy)
and #1 grandson (Christopher)

My son (Jim)... and his
(Michael - #2 grandson)
(photo by Lew)
My guy, their Poppaw (Lew)
Friends - Corinne and Christy
Good food, great company
(photo by Lew)


Day #28 - R&R
Jim and one of his pair, Cher -
the other being, of course, Sonny



Day #29 - The Lake
Lake Norman, NC

Created by Duke Power Company, this immense lake provides water for hydroelectric, steam, and nucelar power plants. Fed by the Catawba River, this "inland sea" has 520 miles of shoreline - more than the coastline of North and South Carolina combined! - and a surface area of 32,510 acres. It's over 100 feet deep at it's deepest point, with an average depth of about 33 feet. Approximately 3,200,000,000 gallons of water fill Lake Norman - it took 11 months to fill it! It's an awesome sight, and one I look forward to seeing every time we drive down to the Carolinas.

6 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

your photos & your family are beautiful, Marianne. glad you had a wonderful time & made it back home safely. =)

Debi said...

Your granddaughter is gorgeous! So glad she had a wonderful birthday surprise. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. And you got some beautiful pictures, as well!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, look at all of these glorious pictures! I'm so glad you guys had a great time, and your granddaughter is just beautiful!

That's a cool fact about that lake, and oh my, I am all weak in the knees at the sight of that crab place. Cool sign too! Crab Legs are a total weakness for me, I adore them :) And I love the cloud one, I love taking pictures of cool cloud formations. That one is incredible!

Great pictures! So glad you had a good trip and are back home safe and sound :)

Desert Songbird said...

Beautiful water scene. I love water scenes.

Desert Songbird said...

Sorry - didn't scroll up to see that you had posted all of these days under one post but several days!

So glad the surprise came off - she looks thrilled.

Great, great family photos.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Your granddaughter is beautiful. I know that she was very happy to see her MawMaw and PawPaw sitting there.