Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 131 - I Remember Mama

It's been over 37 years since she passed away, but every once and awhile I take out her bottle of Coty L'Origan perfume that I saved from her dresser and reminisce. Surprisingly, even after all these years, it still smells like my mother and almost always evokes a few tears. It's not as strong as it used to be and I'm amazed it hasn't totally evaporated, but it's her.

I remember her wearing this pair of (
screw-type) earrings, which usually rest inside the jewelry box with the rest of her jewelry. The doily was also hers.

4 comments:

Sandie said...

This is a very pretty picture and such a sweet way to remember your mom. This is going to be my first Mother's Day without my mom. You have given me an idea for today's picture. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful way to remember your mom. I realized this week that I still have all my mom's things packed away, so I need to take some of them out so I can have her around me. I love this picture and story. Happy Mother's Day to you!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I love the way you composed this photo, Marianne. It's amazing the value these little bits have, isn't it? I have a few of my Gram's items & I treasure them.

Desert Songbird said...

I love the soft lighting on this.