Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day #310 - Memory block...

Another sweet memory I came across today. It's been tucked away in the drawer for safekeeping while all the renovating was going on.

My granddaughter and her mommy (Hi Cindy!) lived with us for 9 months when she was a baby while my AF son went to tech school. Then they moved to California. After they left, I found one of her forgotten blocks and dissolved into a puddle of tears because I missed her so. I thought the "U" (you), meaning her, was very symbolic and I've kept it on my desk all these years as a precious keepsake. It can still pull at my heartstrings every once and awhile. *sniff* They grow up so fast...

2 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

That's a precious memory, Marianne. You could make a shadow box from the block and other items.

Anonymous said...

Hi M! It made me tear up to see that and to be reminded. She is so grown up, our girl is, and yet still our little one. Almost 22 MawMaw where did the years go? Those were precious times.