Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 259 - Decisions, decisions

So I was messing around with a couple of shells for this week's big theme (the larger shell is about 6" across -- big!) and took them outside for better light. Then, I couldn't decide which photo I wanted to use ...

the one on the the bench showing the insides...

or the one on the deck showing the outsides...

or maybe the one with the leaves and acorns showing... well, I didn't know what it showed, I just stuck the leaves and acorns in there because they were there. Then I thought, whoa! A perfect metaphor for seasonal transition... from summer seashells to autumn leaves and acorns.

I get all artsy fartsy sometimes! ;)

3 comments:

Gawdess said...

I like them all, but my favourite is the middle one, with all the lines on the shells and the wood contrasting so artistically!

Desert Songbird said...

My favorite is the middle one, too. Then again, I like shells, so they all work for me!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to get on the middle one's bandwagon as well! :)